Posted by: chrisball | Posted on: April 3rd, 2012 | 0 Comments
I have seen many users preparing low level Hg standards in many different ways, some worked and many didn’t. I can recommend one way of doing it which proves to be working for me every time.
• Firstly, an intermediate Hg stock solution should be prepared. The concentration can vary depending on the user’s preference, say 1 to 5 ppb.
• Place a pre-cleaned container on an analytical balance with at least two decimal places.
• Weight in around 95 grams of the reagent blank, spike mercury standard
• Dropping pipette in reagent blank until it reaches 100.0 grams
• Cap the container tightly and shake well before use